Sunday, July 05, 2009

Apple Tree Blossoms in magical Light...

Appletree blossoms are undeniably beautiful - as all blossoms are. They are the latest to arrive in the year when cherries and magnolias and all other are gone.
To photograph them the best is to look for special lighting, when the sun is not quite on the blossom but is coming from the side or from behind. Then you can notice how transparent these blossoms are and how magical. I cannot stop looking for these scenarios...




"apple blossoms"

daily photos from Munich, photographed by Petra Voegtle
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your "Living Walls" set.

Lynda Lehmann said...

Petra, they're beautiful! I'm right there with you, shooting endless blossoms!

Enjoy the summer light, my friend!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Just had some blog hopping time and enjoyed reading your blog. I love all the different blog designs and creative people. Your pictures are stunningly beautiful.

Unknown said...

Hi Lynn,thank you for visiting. I am glad that you like it!

Unknown said...

Hi Lynda, there are just too many motifs - and I can never stop - lol - all that beauty has to be pinned somehow. Although - summer light is not much at the moment - we have awful weather - every day thunderstorm and rain like crazy. It's awful and my fibro is back with all that hunidity. We are defintely still waiting for summer to come...

Unknown said...

Hi Teresa - thank you for the lovely compliment! Please come back often - will ya?